Make a positive impression with effective language and pronunciation
“I’m sorry, what? I can’t understand you.” Have you ever heard this line? Then you probably know how embarrassing it can be to repeat something over and over again. Miscommunication can and will hold you back in today’s fast-paced, international business environment. Too many people are hiding their gifts, talents and knowledge from the world due to a fear of speaking up and being misunderstood. Are you one of them?
In this unique, interactive and motivational workshop, Heather Hansen will give you the tools to speak clearly, correctly, considerately and confidently in numerous situations – on the phone, in meetings, on conference calls, in presentations – in fact any time you need to speak English. She will help you to fine tune the little things that can make a big difference in your professional success.
If you know that you could be achieving more than you currently are, and feel as though your spoken English might be holding you back, then don’t miss this fascinating workshop. Heather will help you to build on your current skills and embrace your own personal style. You will walk out with much more confidence, ready to renew your mark on the world!
This course is designed for:
Frontline staff in offices, hotels, shops, telemarketers, sales staff, receptionists, secretaries, anyone who takes part in teleconferences, real estate agents, bankers, relationship managers, financial advisors. In fact, this course is suitable for anyone who needs to make a good impression using the English language.
- Identify your own personal ‘problem’ sounds.
- Gain a new understanding of how you really sound.
- Improve the clarity of your speech so that you make a positive impression.
- Learn why some people don’t understand and how to adapt to them.
- Distinguish between commonly confused words and pronunciations.
- Learn how to make your intonation work for you.
- Stress your words correctly every time.
- Refresh your knowledge of Standard English grammar.
- Learn how to speak appropriately and confidently in different situations.
- Improve the quality of your spoken English to enhance your and your company’s image.
Come prepared to work! Heather’s workshops are packed with practical activities, pair and group work, and interactive presentations. Everyone will do a voice recording where you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you learn and get immediate feedback and support. You’ll also take away a detailed workbook full of helpful tips, tricks and guidelines for further practice and development.
- Pronunciation Quiz: What are your ‘problem’ sounds?
- Common pitfalls with vowel sounds
- Distinguishing between confusing consonant sounds
- Articulating word endings correctly
- What does your intonation say about you?
- Making word stress much less stressful
- Commonly confused words
- Differences between international varieties of English
- A refreshing look at standard English grammar
- Common mistakes in English
- Local problems specific to Singapore
- Formal vs. informal English
- International and cross-cultural considerations
- Asking questions
- Telephone etiquette
- Greeting customers and first impressions
- Handling specific office situations as defined by workshop participants
- Combining clarity, correctness and consideration
- Enhancing your professional image and your company’s
- Identifying your weaknesses
- Overcoming your fears
- An action plan for speaking up successfully
For more information on upcoming course dates and to register, contact us at 6473 5814
or email: info (at) HansenCommLab.com
Speak up Successfully! can also be customised to fit your company and industry.
Contact us for more information.